Speak Up Reach Out and MANY Eagle County businesses have joined together to offer a community wide day of yoga to celebrate WORLD MENTAL HEALTH DAY on OCTOBER 10th, 2019. The goal is to have as many community members as possible participate in at least one yoga event on 10/10 to promote positive mental health and community! Come join the fun!
There are opportunities for ALL from classes that are free or reduced price during the day to 2 evening events: one at Mountain Soul Yoga in Edwards and the other at Brush Creek Pavilion in Eagle. See below for all the details!
FREE or DISCOUNTED YOGA CLASSES DURING THE DAY
Vail Athletic Club:
- 12-1:05pm vinyasa flow yoga with Shakti Redding Meaning to place your attention in a special way, a Vinyasa practice is characterized by fluid movement linked to the breath, and an emphasis on alignment. Expect to get your heart pumping in this sweaty, soulful flow!
- 1:10-1:30 meditation with Shakti Redding Meditation is simply a willingness to witness. It is an invitation to watch yourself -your mind, your emotions, your body and environment – without reacting to what you observe.
Revolution Power Yoga:
- 2-3pm Power Yoga with Jenny Harrison An energizing, challenging and powerful class that will leave you feeling rinsed and revitalized. Expect to move, sweat and leave transformed! This is based on Baptiste Yoga’s ‘Journey Into Power’ sequence and suitable for all levels. These classes are heated up to 95 degrees.
- 10am The Breath Workshop with Twyla Gingrich Learn about the physiology of stress and the role of breath, and then practice specific breathing techniques that can be practiced at home to manage stress and mood.
Yoga Off Broadway ALL Classes on 10/10 are $5. Class schedule at https://www.yogaoffbroadway.com/classes/
Brush Creek Pavilion
- 12pm Meditation with Traci Bratton, owner of NightHawk Soul, 30 minutes
- 2pm Foundations of Meditation with Tom Mullen, 30 minutes
- 3:30pm Meditation with Simone Lybarger
- 12pm The Breath Workshop with Twyla Gingrich Learn about the physiology of stress and the role of breath, and then practice specific breathing techniques that can be practiced at home to manage stress and mood.
10/10 Evening Events!
BRUSH CREEK PAVILION, EAGLE, 6-8pm
Yoga+Beats: Gentle Yoga Flow; Twyla Gingrich: Pranayama (breathing) and Guided Meditation
Come join us in a community yoga experience with a gentle yoga flow with Yvonne and DJ Kirby. Then end with some calming breathing techniques and a guided meditation to leave your body, mind and spirit calm and relaxed. A perfect way to end World Mental Health Day and connect with some of the amazing practices yoga offers! RESERVE YOUR SPOT HERE...It's free but space is limited.
COME ANYTIME 11am on to light a candle for someone who has or does struggle with mental health issues.
MOUNTAIN SOUL YOGA, EDWARDS, 6-7:30pm
Dana Knerl: Restorative Yoga
Join us for this yoga offering and be a part of the valley wide celebration of World Mental Health Day! October 10th is a day to raise global awareness about mental health issues and ignite action in support of mental well-being for all. This donation-based event at Mountain Soul Yoga coincides with yoga events taking place across the Eagle Valley on 10/10/19, and all funds raised will go to support SpeakUp ReachOut our local suicide prevention coalition in Eagle County. There will be a guest speaker from Eagle Valley Behavioral Health followed by a 75 minute Restorative Yoga practice which will include breath work and meditation. RESERVE YOUR SPOT HERE
A BIG THANK YOU to all of the AMAZING Community Sponsors that helped make this event possible!!
Special Thanks To:
And Thank You to These Additional Sponsors!